Monday, July 21, 2008

Dr. update, the weather, and a little fun






Ok, first the doctor update. Isabella had her shots on Tuesday. She's doing really well except for those pesky ear infections. Her right ear was still bad even after taking medicine over the July 4th weekend. So another round of antibiotics. This Thursday she will go see an ear, nose, and throat doctor to see about getting tubes in her ears. I'll post more about that visit later. She gained a little weight and got a little taller. She's 30 1/2 inches tall and 20.13 lbs. She's still tiny and petite which makes her all that more adorable.
Now for the weather. We had a storm blow through here last night and the clouds were beautiful. I love seeing the weather change like that. If I had it to do over again, I would have studied meteorology in school. Or be a storm chaser. I'm just fasinated by the weather. Not long after the storm blew by, the sky was glowing. It was so beautiful. This made a rainbow. You could only see a piece of it and it looked like it was coming through the cloud. The picture really doesn't do it justice. The sky then turned pink and lavender. I tried to take pictures but it was so bright that they didn't turn out that good. I love good sunrises and sunsets.
On to the fun part of the week. Me, Alex, Hunter, and my sister and her kids went to Fort Boonesborough (sp?) on Wednesday to go to the pool. It was a long way to drive but it was worth it. The kids had fun and the pool is awesome for kids. The main pool is basically all one depth with an awesome slide. They also have a nice kiddie area. I highly recommend going if you live nearby. Thursday we went to Woodland pool in Lexington. Shane was off that day so he took his girlfriend. Alex discovered the high dive. He LOVED it! That's all he wanted to do. I will dive off the low dive with no problem but the high dive....it still scares me. I jumped off once and I really didn't like it and Alex called me a chicken. The child has no fear. He had the most fun of everyone. The rest of the week we hung out at home in our pool, or took naps because we were so tired from swimming. It was a good week away from work.
I'll post more on Thursday of Friday about Isabella's doctor's visit. I have more to post about Hunter but will do that later too. Bye for now!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cool pictures of the clouds. Mine never turn out that good! I love the water slide! I want to go!! Did you actually TAKE YOUR CAMERA INTO THE POOL??? Brave...

I'm so glad that you all got to enjoy the beautiful weather while you were off work! It was so HOT!!