Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Isabella!!

We had family over for dinner, cake and presents. Isabella was getting hungry so we fed her a little early. She loves chicken noodle soup.

saying "cheese"

Ok. I thought she wanted the soup. She ate some then dumped the rest out. Then she used the bowl as a hat.

After washing her hair and changing clothes, she rocked her baby in the new rocking chair that Nana got her.


Shane and his girlfriend, Avery

blowing out the candle

Tasting her cake


I thought I uploaded a "pout" photo before this but I guess it didn't work. She had the biggest pout I've ever seen then started crying. She was upset that we took her cake to cut it.


Isabella got the first piece

opening her first toy

Another baby doll and color wonder markers.

Next toy with a bow in her hair.

I love this one because it shows just how beautiful her hair is and how long it's gotten.

Again in the rocking chair
It's hard to believe that Isabella is 2 years old. Maybe because we missed out on the first 8 months of her life. But that's okay. Her foster family loves (notice I said loveS and not lovED) her dearly. We still keep in touch and I'm so glad Isabella was with them. They are such a loving family. I owe them so much for the love and goodness they showed Isabella. I will be forever grateful.
Isabella is talking more and becoming more independent. We haven't decided about the big bed yet. She doesn't climb out of her crib in the middle of the night to much anymore. She will get out in the morning sometimes though. She just goes to her bookshelf and looks at books. She is a very loving child and we've never had one problem with her adjustment. She's just a well-rounded little girl that we all love so much. Happy Birthday Isabella!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOW! Isabella... you are getting so big! I love looking on here and seeing all your pretty pictures! We hope you had a happy birthday!

(PS Mommy... Did you make that cake? Great job!!! And where did you find that big gate at the kitchen entrance???)

Anonymous said...

Great job on the cake, I love you all and the photos are wonderful. I love Isabella's rocking chair.. Love all her new toys.. Where will you put them all.. Shane, Hunter and Alex are getting so big too.. Love you all so very much.. Talk with you soon...Sonya

123456 said...

Happy Birthday Isabella!! Sorry I wasn't able to celebrate with all of you!