Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just an update



Ok, this is the second day in a row that the blogger won't let me upload a picture of Shane. I don't want to write about him unless you can see a picture with it so it'll have to wait. So in the meantime I'll let you know how Isabella has been doing. Last Monday we went to the doctor to get a check-up to make sure she looks healthy by the doctors here. Of course, she looks great! They didn't have any concerns at all. They wanted to make sure her vaccinations she got in Guatemala took and test for Hepatitis. That meant she had to have blood drawn at the hospital lab. I was not happy about this and totally expected the worse. I was the one getting clammy and faint. She did GREAT! Not even a whimper! She is such a good girl. So this Monday we called and got the test results and most of the vaccinations took, thank god. All she had to have was Hepatitus and pneumococal (sp?). She did cry at those but not for very long because Mommy was giving her lots of hugs and kisses.

As I have told most of you, she is a very good sleeper. But, every since Sat. night, she has gotten up in the middle of the night. I change her diaper, give her a little bottle and she goes back to sleep. This was starting to wear me out. I tried giving her a bath before bed hoping the water would make her pee and she wouldn't wake up with a wet diaper. I tried only baby food before bed so she wouldn't pee. Nothing worked. So last night I tried leaving her night light off thinking that if it was dark, she would go right to sleep. IT WORKED! I put her in bed at 7:30 and didn't hear a peep until 7:00 this morning. So needless to say, we will be sleeping without the night light. I just hope it wasn't a fluke. Anyway, things are still going really good. Today is rainy and gloomy so it's the perfect day to stay inside and not go anywhere.

I'll try again later to upload a picture so you can see Shane with her.



1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the blog, I love being able to see the kids. I wish I could print off all of these pictures. I can't wait for you to go back to work so i can get my hands on this sweet baby and see my #1 boy Alex.
Love you guys
Tammy