Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I need to vent about Christmas (kinda long)

First, let me say that I'm not angry, just very disappointed. I had all these expectations of what Isabella's first Christmas was going to be like. It was anything but that! It all started Christmas eve. We went to my Mom's house and Isabella was kinda fussy but I thought it was because there was SO much going on that it was overwhelming her. We wanted to be back in town to go to church at 7:30 because they were having a great show that we had really been looking forward to. Mom and Dad decided to go with us since they had never been to our church. We find a seat and Isabella is sitting on my Dad's lap very quietly. I just thought she was tired or else being very good. About 1/2 hour into the show she pukes! I don't mean a little, I mean PROJECTILE puke. Totally without warning. It was everywhere. I take her to the bathroom and change her clothes and take off my sweater. Dad goes and tries to get the puke off of him. We go back in and try to enjoy the show smelling like puke. A few minutes later, same thing. Luckily we were ready this time. We decided to leave if she puked again. We really wanted to see the show. She dry heaved some more so we had to go. It was so embarrassing to leave because we were sitting in the middle of the PACKED church. We packed up all the pucked stained stuff and went home. She pucked more when we got home and spent most of the night on my shoulder in the rocking chair. Hunter was a big help in setting everything up for "Santa". Christmas morning she woke up about 6:00. Still puking. I had imagined taking video and pictures of her opening up her first Christmas gifts and playing with toys from Santa. Instead I was constantly doing laundry because she kept puking on everything and she could care less about toys. By this time she had a pretty good fever and was attached to my shoulder. We decided to still try to go to Allen's parent's house. We did and she slept on my shoulder in the recliner. We came home and she still was puny but not throwing up. She wouldn't eat or drink anything. I gave her Tylenol and put drops in her ears since she kept digging at them. That seemed to help enough where I could sit her down for a little bit. She took a little bit of a bottle and slept until 6:00 this morning. She took another bottle and went back to sleep until 9:30. I decided to take her to the doctor because she still wasn't eating very much and she was still fussy. Well, she has an ear infection. Poor thing--stomach virus and ear infection. Could it get any worse?! The antibiotic they put her on is supposed to make her poop red! I'm glad they told me that or we'd be off to the ER. Shane called me this morning from his Dad's saying he had been puking. Hunter is puking his guts out as I type this. I don't do puke. For me it's contagious like yawning. Just seeing it or hearing someone do it makes me sick.

So that was my Christmas. Mostly spent in a rocking chair. But you know, I wouldn't trade it for anything! Because Isabella was with her family for Christmas even though she was sick. And it was her MOMMY that got to take care of her and hold her, and try to make her feel better. That's all that matters--she was with us, in HER home for Christmas.

P.S. Say a prayer that NO ONE else gets sick. I'm disinfecting everything tomorrow!
P.S.S Shane's birthday was the 22nd so I'll do a post about him next!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You poor thing - there is nothing worst than puke! I sure hope you guys are feeling better soon!

I am happy that you were all together at Christmas!

m.j.f. said...

awww, im sorry to hear that!
ist bad enough for isabella, but thn shane and hunter..
i hope that everyone is feeling better now...

oh! and tell shane i said happy birthday!


mitzi~