Thursday, October 25, 2007

My baby has a cold




I know, I know. She doesn't look like she has a cold. These were taken a couple of weeks ago when it was warm and sunny not cold and rainy like it is now. She wasn't sure what to think about the flowers. It was really hard to get her to sit still. I don't think she liked sitting in the grass. I thought the flowers would be a pretty background but Isabella didn't agree.
Anyway, I took Isabella to the doctor today to get checked out. She's been really congested for 2 days and really cranky. I would be too if I couldn't breathe. It's kinda hard to eat when you can only breathe through your mouth! The doctor put her on an antibiotic because her ears weren't totally clear and we're at the beginning of the cold. I've been suctioning out her nose (gross) and she was okay with it at first. But I've had to do it so much that now she HATES it. She knows whats coming when I get near her with a Kleenex and she cries. I can't have snot running down her face. So I've been giving her alot more TLC than usual. The doctor also said that her top 4 teeth were ready to come through. I'm sure that's part of the crankiness so I'm also giving her Motrin and using oragel. Seems to make her happy.
I can't bear to take a picture of her crying because it's so pitiful. Maybe I should for proof because she really NEVER cries. No one can believe how good she is. I'll see if I can snap a quick one.

2 comments:

m.j.f. said...

aww, poor babY!!!! i hear she is better now, that is a GOOD thing!
angie finally got to see her fussy, but thankfully it didnt last long!

loves to all of you!

mitzi

Anonymous said...

Your right, I know first hand that Isabella doesn't cry. She hasn't whenever Iv'e been around her. The beautiful baby girl is always smiling that georgeous smile. Love you all, Sonya