Monday, October 22, 2007

Our Foster Family





I've thought and thought about what to say about these WONDERFUL people. We met with them 3 of the 4 days we were in Guatemala. You couldn't help but see the love the whole family had for Isabella. I know that it's that love that made Isabella the perfect baby that she is. Isabella is so sociable and loving and I owe that to the foster family. This is the only family Isabella knew for the first 8 months and it was so hard to take her away. For those of you that don't know, we had only a few hours notice before we flew to Guatemala. The foster family only had the same notice instead of having a week or so to prepare. The last hours the foster family had with her were spent getting last minute paperwork done and going to appts that were required. They didn't get quality time with her at the end to say goodbye. That was really hard for me because I really felt for them and what they must be going through. In the last picture, they had come to the hotel after much confusion (long story) and I had already put Isabella in bed. I got her up so they could spend time with her. That's why she's in pajamas. It was so worth it. We also got to spend time with the whole family the morning we left. We treated to a buffet breakfast and hired a translator to help. We spent 2 hours talking and all of them getting their turn with Isabella. This was SO priceless and we have a lot of pictures and video to keep. Saying goodbye was really hard for us all. I'm glad we only had to do that once because I don't think my heart could take it again. This family will always be a part of our family and we hope to go back to Guatemala with our other kids to visit them in the near future. I know they see this blog and I hope they don't get mad for posting about them. That's why I left out names. We love them very much and they hold a very special place in our hearts.

2 comments:

m.j.f. said...

thanks angie for sharing so much with everyone! i emailed you about not calling you - i will call! just busy with job apps and such.

love the pics and post!

keep it coming!
mitzi

Jennifer said...

Angie - This was a beautiful post! I know that they will love it...

I hope that you call can go back soon with the whoel family! That would be an amzing trip for the boys!!